Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pink For October


I saw this Pink for October on Debbie Hill 's blog this morning. Though breast cancer has not affected me directly, it is something that I am very aware of. Now that I am 40 (WOW! Did I just say that out loud?!), I have really thought about it. I have even scheduled my first Mammogram. So scary! October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. In honor of that I have made my whole blog pink. The best things you can do are be aware, be educated and get your mammogram!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Dawn! You look good in pink ;-) The mammogram thing isn't as scary as it sounds...not great fun, mind you (I'm just not into flashing my boobs, personally) but I discovered that I was all nervous for nothing.

Isn't it just awful saying "I'm 40" out loud. I still hate it!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see another blogger participating in the Breast Cancer Awareness month! :)

Besides going pink, I will also try to create and spread the awareness on breast cancer throughout the month, such as this post about some breast cancer-related statistics:

http://chenpn.com/2007/10/08/breast-cancer-related-statistics/

Anonymous said...

Great post Dawn and appropriate. I am 40 too and loving it. I need to schedule my mammogram and this is the kick in the pants to do it and stop procrastinating. Thanks baby!