Wednesday, October 3, 2007

MIxfest


I was so excited about going to Mixfest this past weekend. Mixfest is a a big concert put on by a local Boston radio station As soon as I heard that the co-headliners were Chris Daughtry and the reunion of Matchbox 20, I knew I had to get tickets. I had to get tickets for my best friend and me. The tickets were pricey, but it was a date! I bought the tickets and then sent her out the invite. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to celebrate our year of turning the "Big 40". Well, then the call came. She couldn't go! She would be on vacation and not returning until the next day. It was quite a bummer! I still was so excited to go see Daughtry. I was finally going to be able to see him in person! My boyfriend Steve and I went. we had a great time! It was great to see Chris in person (and our seats were very close!), but he didn't really have much of a stage personality. He sounded Fab tho!! When Matchbox 20 came out, I was blown away! They sounded just as FABULOUS as they did when I saw them 11 years ago! Rob Thomas looked AMAZING! I walked out of there thinking Chris was okay (I am glad that I finally saw him!) , but I am in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE with Rob Thomas all over AGAIN!!! Oh Lisa, you REALLY missed out! Maybe next time...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, that's awesome that you got to go. I love Matchbox 20 too.