Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Words to Live By

Last month I joined in at a free online class over at Big Picture Classes. I have taken a few classes over there this past Summer and was intrigued by this free event. Yes, it was a free class, with many of their celeb teachers and tons of inspiration. It was called the Big Idea Festival-Words To Live By. Basically, you were given a new word each day, a page template (if you wished to use it) and a few examples of page creations. The object was to create a page each day with your own interpretation of the word. I created a little 6 x 6 album of all my pages using some of my favorite papers by Studio Calico. I originally was not going to use any photos in the book, but later changed my mind and added a few.

Here is my cover:

Page 1 is the word share. For this page I chose to list some ideas on sharing:
Page 2 I found a sweet little quote about wonder and for page 3 I used a quote (that I love!) and the definition of less:
Page 4 is the word give. My son really is my pride and joy. For page 5, the word is enjoy. I just listed some of the many things that I enjoy:
Page 6 is the word nest, with a pic of my little family and page 7 is the word cherish. Need I say more?
Page 8 is the word free. Love this pic of B in his flag glasses. I just had to add it, I had too! Page 9 is the word moment. Love those perfect moments. Do you know what I mean? There are so many. No picture here, but I love this camera paper:
Page 10 is live. One thing I have learned in my life is to go for it. If you have an opportunity, take it. This little pic is of me and a few of my co-worker friends on a trip to Montreal last year. So glad I went. Page 11 is the word play. Another thing we all need. We need more play time or time to play:
And last, but not least, page 12 is the word embrace. Love this pic of Steve & I:
This really was a fun little project.
The gallery was full of inspiration.
Love the classes there.
Check them out if you get a chance.
Happy Scrappin'!!!

3 comments:

mommy2alex said...

Love that! I must make a mini soon, they're so fun...thanks for the inspiration! :)

Ursula Schneider said...

this looks great. You've used some papers that I couldn't figure out what to do with. thanks for the inspo!

Diane Payne said...

Fabulous mini! I was admiring this in the SC gallery yesterday!