Thursday, March 1, 2012

Stretch Your Kit-Part 2

I have to say, that I really am getting alot out of this kit. That kit being Studio Calico's Boardwalk kit. So glad I finally cracked it open. I have been having so much fun. Here are a couple more layouts that I did with it. The pic of Bryant in this particular layout, I took last Fall. Just an everyday pic, but he looked so cute that I had to do something with it. Right? The pretty Sass cloud paper made the perfect background and all the green cut up strips (along with a bit of kraft) made the perfect frame. I also cut out some of the star flowers  from the Basic Grey paper for jus a littlle something extra. I loved the result!
Another one of my favorite things from the class is how Amy and Jen J use lots of colored strips on their layouts. I saw this loose weaving idea in a magazine and thought that I would give it a try. I also wanted to use the lime bakers twine and brads that came with the kit, so I created a little frame around the main photo. Bryant bought a little tree bud home a few years ago and he and his Nana planted it next to our home. It continues to grow a little bit every year.. We look forward to years from now when it is a big strong tree.
Oh!
This post would not be complete with out Mama's favorite meow.
It has been like having another kid
and
I love him so!
Happy Scrappin'!!!

1 comment:

Jennie M said...

super cute pages! great use of the kit -- that was a good one! :)