Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Scrappy Happy

Yay! My Studio Calico Story Hour kit finally arrived. It was a bit delayed per UPS, but it is here now. I have already created one layout and I have 2 more in progress. My first layout with Story Hour is below. One of the cool ideas I got from Amy Tan in the stretch your kit class was to scrap a collage photo. I order these all the time and often have them framed on my desk. I never thought to scrap them, but what a cool idea to get multiple pics on a layout. I also like the new trend of 'confetti' on layouts. It is such a cool fun look. This layout is all about our trip to Boston last year for the Red Sox opening weekend. We went to the second game of the season (not quite opening day). A great time was had by all!
A new idea book/magazine started in January. The issues are specific to one artisist. When I heard about these last year, I subscribed right away. The first issue is all about the fabulous Teresa Collins
.My issue just arrived yesterday. Yes, a bit late, but that is a story for another time. This issue is awesome and filled with amazing projects. I am look forward to future issues featuring Donna Downey, Kelly Purkey, Heidi Swapp, etc. You can check it out HERE 
Happy Scrappin'!!!

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous layout. Love the confetti effect.
Hugs
Desire

Cassi said...

what an awesome multi-photo lo -- great job!

Brianna Byman said...

Love that paper! Cute page!

Christina said...

what a fun page! love the stars
xo

Jennie M said...

great page!

mommy2alex said...

Pretty, pretty! I love the dots/confetti, very cool.