Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sunday Sketch

It has been a while since I played along with a sketch challenge. This one recently caught my eye, over on the Studio Calico blog. They do a 'Sunday Sketch' challenge every week and this is the latest edition. A very simple sketch, with so many possibilities.
Here is my take. 12 at twelve. A list of twelve things that B is enjoying at the moment. I was inspired by a couple of different things when creating this layout. First I like the idea of splashing/dripping the Mister Huey's Calico White misting spray instead of spraying it on the layout. The white really 'pops'! Second, I got the idea for (remember inspiration comes from everywhere) the woven strip square in the center from a potholder. Remember those ones you use to make as a kid? The ones made with the cloth strips and the plastic loom. I think my mom still has some of the ones I made as a kid.  I actually saw one of these little potholders hanging in a co-workers car, It brought back those childhood memories and new creative inspiration. Fun!
Speaking of inspiration...this class starts tomorrow:
So excited!
Happy Scrappin;!

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Oh, wow...those woven strips are awesome! I think I'm too lazy to do something like that! ;)