Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stretch Your Kit

  BLOG HOP 
One more day!

I love color combo pallettes. Especially ones that come with a photo for inspiration. I find a lot of great ones on Pinterest. I am not sure where I found this one, but it drew me in. Or maybe it was the pic of Marilyn. I don't know, but I loved it.
 Then last Summer Studio Calico came out with this beautiful kit called Boardwalk. It was perfect. I loved it. I had to have it. Then I did what a lot of us scrappers do, I hoarded it. It was so pretty and I had big plans for it, but then it just sat in my stash. Well, until now that is. For the month of February I have been taking Amy Tan (& friends!) 'Stretch Your Kit' class over at Studio Calico. It has been awesome! They are actually using The January kit, but I am using this one. I have created so many projects with it so far and I am also collecting so much inspiration.
The pics in the layout below have been just waiting to be scrapped. I met some great new friends at Teresa Collins' Inspiration Unlimited event in Vegas last year ( I can't wait to see them all again this year. Teresa too!) Anyways, I got some great pics of us all and I wanted to always remember the fun we had.

One of the cool things from the class that I tried on this layout was Kelly Goree's idea of using little rolls of scraps. I really like how it looks behind my title.
I also liked Jen Jocksich's idea to use lots of tiny scraps. It really really looks so cool and colorful.. It really made the pics of my kitty 'pop'. He likes to be everywhere that mama is. Yup, he loves mama. Ha!
This class has been so fun and I have gotten so many cool ideas. I have a few more ideas to share. Even more to create. Yes, there is still a bit more of the kit left. Woo Hoo!

Happy Scrappin'!!!

No comments: