Friday, October 7, 2011

Learn Something New Everyday...the second half

Yay! I completed Shimelle's Learn Something New Everyday class. This makes me so happy. It was quite the project. Learning, creating and sharing. It is a big deal. Some lessons are simple & fun and others are a work in progress, but great lessons all the same. I shared the first half of my mini book here and below is the completed second half.

Starting with my cover. I know I shared it before, but here is how the book looks completed:

Page sixteen: Everything old is new (and funny!) again. I loved that my son discovered Bazooka bubblegum and how excited he was ('Look, Mom there are funnies in with the gum!") Reminded me of my childhood.

Page seventeen: One can survive on the basics. I loved this sign that I saw in a very tiny town in Tennesse(population 321-really!) No Mickey D's. No Walmart. Maybe even no cell signal...

Page eighteen: No matter where I go, New England will always be my home. Very true! There is no place like home.

Page nineteen: A little TLC goes a long way. Bryant brought home this itty bitty tree over three years ago and it still continues to grow ansd thrive. We love our little tree!

Page twenty: I will always have a 'tom boy' streak in me, but sometimes I like to be girly. I recently got my first pedicure and it made me feel so pretty and girly and happy.

Page twenty-one: I need to take time to relax. This is something I am constantly working on, but on a recent trip, I took some much needed 'me time'.

Page twenty-two: I am always in such a rush all the time, that I forget to just enjoy my surroundings. I am learning to slow it down.

Page twenty-three: I think I could survive on peanut butter smoothies. I found a place in Vegas (last year and re-discovered it this year) that makes one that I just could not get enough of. It definately is the simple pleasures in life.

Page twenty-four: One can never have enough friends. I made a lot of new friends at IU this year and can not wait to see them next year!

Page twenty-five: It is okay to spend some time alone. I love my friends and family, but my alone time is very valuable for my sanity-ha!

Page tenty-six: I learned to let go. My son has started to walk to school in the morning. As much as this scares me, he is growing up and needs to start doing things on his own.

Page twenty-seven: There never seems to be enough time in the day. As I get older I am realizing more and more, that you can only do what you can do, in the time that you have. Use time wisely and you will be surprised what you can accomplish!

Page twenty-eight: As much as I love my local sports teams, sometimes they still disappont me. This will probobly never change, but a lesson learned all the same.

Page twenty-nine: Laughter is the best medicine! I love to laugh. This is not a new lesson, but it is one of my favorites.

Page thirty: Changes in the workplace are good. This pic below is the stack of work that I used to have at the end of every quarter. It was beyond stressful. Little changes, here and there, have made it much easier on me now. Still stressful, but much more streamlined.

I am so glad that I took this challenge. It was soooooo worth it! I created the sweet little book with my August Scarlet Lime kits. Look how pretty they are:

So colorful and fun:

All in all, doing this project made me think. I learned some new things and I re-learned some other things. It will be great to look back on it a year from now and see how I have grown.

Happy Scrappin'!!!

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

Gorgeousness! This will be such a lil treasure for B when he's older to see how mom was "back then"!
I think if I were able to do a monthly kit, I'd LOVE to do Scarlet Lime!! It's so yummy and very me! (shhhh... don't tell SC, because they were my 1st and so sweet!)
Have a wonderful weekend!!