Saturday, December 27, 2008

Surviving Christmas

This little guy woke up many times during the wee hours of Christmas morn. You would never know, that hours before, he was sick as a dog!

There seemed to be 2 themes in gifts for Bryant this year. First there would be Star Wars. Starting with the mini clone troopers:

And then he became one:

Then it was all about skateboarding and Tony Hawk (mini skateboards a/k/a Tech Dechs):

And the ramp:

Oh ya...and then the real deal:

Bryant was not the only one to get sick, but luckily he only had a touch of it. It started with Steve early in the week and he NEVER gets sick. It lasted a a few days and then I got it. I got hit HARD! It started on Tuesday and lasted all day on Christmas eve. Christmas eve night I had a bit of a reprive (good thing 'cause I had to make these cookies for Santa since Bryant was in no condition) and Christmas day it was back.

Today is actually the first day that I have been feeling a bit better and able to eat a little...I am starving!

Sorry, there are no pics of me, though I did look pretty good Christmas day. I did my best to keep appearances up in front of all the family. Bryant had a great visit from Santa (I guess he was good!) and his grandparents and got lots of cool presents. We survived and now heres to a healthy New Year!!!

6 comments:

Pam said...

Awww, looks like he had a great day! Glad to hear you are feeling better! I hope you had a great day too!

Deb said...

I remember my kids wanting Tech Decks and Skateboards and Star wars figures! Brings back some fun memories! Sorry you did not feel well over Christmas, that is lousy. Hope you are feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you weren't feeling well. I'm glad that you, Bryant and Steve had a good Christmas. We miss you here!!

GretaB said...

What fun pictures, and glad to hear you had a good Christmas. It's a good thing Bryant was feeling well enough to enjoy it.

Here's wishing you all things wonderful in the coming year - Happy New Year! :)

Kathleen Taylor said...

I had that virus! So did the kids. it is definitely not fun! blech! I am sorry you had it on Christmas, but it sounds like it was still a good one! Have a happy new year my friend. Love and miss you!!

liz mataraza said...

you poor thing! hope that you're all back to feeling better. looks like a great Christmas was had still!