Monday, December 8, 2008

My December Daily, Week One

I wanted to share the first week of my December Daily album. I am really enjoying this creative photo (or photos) a day project. I did a project similar to this last January and it is really fun to look back on the memories now. I know I shared the cover a while back, but here it is again to get this started. My color theme is blue, brown, cream and white. I have been using Bo Bunny and My Minds Eye Bohemian papers. I LOVE the colors and they really seem to blend together well:

The first day shows a view of my little Christmas tree on my office window ledge. I love the veiw. Simply makes me smile:

Day two was a fun day that Bryant and I made some really yummy Christmas cupcakes. He was SO excited! Day three was a happy (spur of the moment) pic taken at the grocery store. I am sure the other shoppers thought that we were crazy snapping pictures, but that was one huge (5 lbs-$25) chocolate bar:

I really love to watch Bryant sleep. I always have and have many pictures to prove it. Day four I took another one of him asleep in my bed. He is just so excited about Christmas. Day five is a picture I took outside my office of my little Tony Stewart Christmas stocking. Just because the Nascar season is over, does not mean I stop supporting my favorite driver:

Day six was a day we spent at Chuck E Cheese for Bryant's friends B-day party. Of course we were drawn to the Dale Jr pinball machine. Always have Nascar on the brain! Day seven, our first snow. It was not much, but just enough for my little guy to feel like a good little helper.

So this is what I have so far. Trying to keep it simple and colorful. Mixing it up with sepia, color and maybe black and white photos. This will be great to look back on next year. That is what keeps me inspired to complete this project. Are you working on a December Daily? I am looking forward to everyone elses take on this. It is so inspiring!!

6 comments:

Denise said...

Dawn, your DD is fabulous! I love the colors, the shape of the album and...well...everything. :o)

If i was at the grocery store and saw you snapping photos of that large chocolcate bar, I would have lined up behind you. That bar was screaming to be photographed!

Anonymous said...

It's coming along beautifully! Love your color scheme!

GretaB said...

Wow! That is one huge candy bar! Your book is looking fab - the colors are so perfect for this time of year and a great change from all the red and green I'm seeing. :)

Lauren said...

yummy yummy yummy! And I LOVE that your album is house shaped, how cool!

liz mataraza said...

i love it Dawn! i love the house shape too.

waleska said...

It's awesome, Dawn! I too love the house shape album... that was a great idea :)