Friday, February 18, 2011

Going Green

There is a tree right outside my work. Not just any tree though. The first time I saw it, I mean actually saw it, it was Fall and it was just so beautiful. Everyone thought so. The colors of orange and red. Wow! I took many pictures of it, but none ever truly did it justice. Since I took pics of it in the Fall, I decided to photograph it in all seasons, just to see the changes side by side. It was a great little project that I knew that I would eventually scrap. A year in the making and I finally have. I found the perfect sketch. It is the February Design Team Challenge over at the A Million Memories Blog . The challenge is to use the sketch and frame your photo(s) with letters and numbers. This is such a cool idea! It came together so quickly too. I worked with so many old things from my stash (core'd'nates cardstock, some Basic Grey Lime Rickey scraps, an old metal tag from Stampin' Up, A Studio Calico tree stamp, some bling, some buttons, Thickers and I even sewed on the page!) Very fun and it all came together to make the pretty little tree shine forever. I love how this layout came out!

Here is the sketch it is based on:


There is still time to play along.

Challenge ends on Monday 2/21/2011.

Happy Scrappin'!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is amazing Dawn! I love what you have done and the photos are tremendous!

Mayumi said...

Amazing, Dawn!!! Love all! Fantastic photos!!

mommy2alex said...

Okay, I know I've said this before, but this is my FAVE layout of yours! It's awesome!!!! Love the colors, the BG paper, how you used the numbers/alphas and those photos - WOW!! LOVE it!
Great sketch too!