Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Spirit

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing the play 'A Christmas Carol' at the Northshore Music Theatre in Beverly, MA. It was amazing. There is nothing like seeing such a great show, to give you that feeling of true Chistmas spirit. Sometimes we get so caught up in the everyday hustle and bustle, that we just need to take a moment and truly enjoy this time of year. I love Christmas, but I too admit I get a bit caught up in the commercial-ism of it. There are a few simple things during the season that really make me happy. Seeing the red kettles of the Salvation Army and donating whatever I can. Sometimes it is not much, but every little bit helps. I also like to give to Toys for Tots. Every kid deserves a visit from Santa. I know not everyone is religious, but I, myself, love the feeling of being in church. Something really special about this time of year. I like to bake and decorate cookies with my son. To get together with Friends & Famly. All very simple (inexpensive) things...and they all make me so HAPPY!

Another thing that makes me happy...scrapping of course! I wanted to share a couple of LO's I did recently of Bryant at Christmas. Both photo's were from a couple years ago. Rudolph went with him everywhere. It was the cutest thing!

Here is B with Santa. This LO came together in a flash, using Teresa Collins Noel line papers:

I loved this pic of B on Christmas eve. Sound asleep with Rudolph watching over him. I had the best time creating this LO with many Pink Paislee lines (Amber Road, Spring Fling, Old School and a bit of ribbon from Tinsel Town). It all came together for "Sweet Christmas Dreams":

So the Christmas season begins. Remember to take some time for yourself. Enjoy the simple moments.
Merry Christmas!
&
Happy Scrappin'!!

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

OH MY Christmas goodness, those are FAB!!!!!
LOVE the papers and the sweet pictures!