Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fenway Park

One of my all time favorite places in Boston is Fenway Park or as they say, Fenway Pahhk. LOL! We have lived here in New England forever and have never taken the tour. Been to many games, but have never taken the tour. So Wednesday we took the train in and finally saw the tour. We even got 2 tickets for free (bargain!) for being part of Red Sox Nation. Cool!!

We had a little time to spare, so we had lunch at one of our favorite spots, Boston Beer Works. Love, love, love the Blueberry Ale. Yum!!

Jim Rice finally got inducted into the hall of fame! Yeh #14!!!

Was able to get a better view of 2 of our most recent championship banners while on the tour. Here is 2004:

and here is 2007:

This a view just above the Red Sox dugout:

During the tour they sat us all around the park, so that you could check out different views. This the view from the front row of the Green Monster seats:

NESN is the station that broadcasts all the Red Sox games. I had to get a picture of this! My man Josh Beckett's pic was on the side:

and speaking of Josh Beckett....he just happened to come out and practice while we were there. I was a little in shock...OMG!!!

Here we are. I know this pic looks a bit fake. They took it right at the beginning of the tour and you could buy them at the end. Of course we did. I have to scrap it, no matter how bad my hair looks...

Though we did not see the real 'Wally' mascot, I thought the stand-in was just as cute:

These were only a few of the bazillion pics I took that day. I think I may put together a mini album just on Fenway. Memories....
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

6 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Looks like a fun day!

mommy2alex said...

Wow, how fun! Love the pic of the three of you, yes no matter how it turns out, you must have it to scrap!! BUT, yours turned out good, so bunus! :))

Pam said...

I love the Fenway tour, we did it a couple of years ago with friends from Chicago. Also went to Boston Beer Works but then we went to the Sunset Grill and Tap and they were even better so that is where we go now when we are in town. They have 125 beers on tap! Not that I like beer, but DH does.

GretaB said...

Wow! That is a great mix of fun!

GretaB said...

Hey! That's my number on the wall (14)! ;)

And oops...just realized my other comment went on the wrong post.

michele said...

i adore fenway and boston!! i've been living vicariously through your pix! looks like you had a great time!