Sunday, August 17, 2008

Our Day at Fenway Park

I LOVE Boston. I have spent a lot of time there over the years. I LOVE everything about city life. If I could afford to live there, I would be there in a heartbeat. It is not far from where I live now, but I just do not get there enough anymore. This past weekend Steve and I had the 'once in a lifetime' opporunity Red Sox game experience. Through his part-time job he won tickets to a Red Sox game. Not just any seats, club seats. Special 'suite seats'. These tickets are so sweet that they are not available to the public (only companies) and do not even show the price on the ticket (though our waitress-yes a waitress-told us they were $300+ a piece). OMG!!!

'Nuff said:

It was a beautiful day for once! It has rained everyday for 3 weeks!!

This is a view of the street on our way up:

Here is a picture of us...don't mind the sweaty close up faces...just drinking some beers and having fun!

This GORGEOUS guy was supposed to be the pitcher for our game, but the night before it rained (and that game was cancelled). So the guy scheduled for that game pitched and Josh pitched today. Josh pitching would have made it perfect for me...

Here is our view (in the daytime) while the guys were warming up:

The Red Sox dugout:

This was a night game. Here was our view once the game began:

Okay, so they didn't win. They lost 4-1 to the Toronto Blue Jays, but this total star treatment was, to me, the COOLEST! I LOVED living the 'high life' for one evening. :-)

10 comments:

caroline said...

boston is one place i really want to go to. fenway is one ballpark i really want to go to, too!

Kelly said...

SWEET!!!

liz mataraza said...

that would be fun...even if it is a bo-sox game!

looks like an awesome time!

mommy2alex said...

Oh how fun!!! That's so exciting and looks/sounds like you had a blast!

Kristii said...

What an awesome day!!! I would love to go to Fenway one day!!

Sharie said...

Now that looks like alot of fun! Glad you enjoyed. Have a great week.

vtpuggirl said...

So neat to see Boston and the park! I've always heard about it, never seen it though!

Rita said...

What an amazing experience! Love the pics!

~Nancy~ said...

Oowww.. looks like you've had a fun time overthere!! WOOHOO! Love these pictures! Thanks for sharing! XOXOXO

TAMI said...

Fun Fun- my hubby would love to go to Fenway someday- the only games we are close enough to catch are the Mariners.