Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday Fun

It has been quite a sweet birthday month so far. Yes, I said birthday month. I love having a Summer birthday. My birthday is actually mid July, and that is when the good times began. It started with an extended birthday weekend and a bottle of wine...
It continued with a trip to New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This Nascar girl's first Nascar race in a couple of years. Oh Loudon, how I have missed you!
But, I just had to see Tony. I had to!
We had great seats in the main grandstand, so we could see everything:
Heading way, way, way up to our seats. Great exercise and quite the view:
Tony just happened to be one of the drivers with an in car camera. So, I could not only hear him on the scanner, but I could see him too:
Tony finished 2nd and his teammate Ryan finished 1st. The only way it could of been any better, was if Tony finished 1st and Ryan 2nd:
On Monday, my actual birthday, I went to see the final installment of Harry Potter. I loved the books and the movies. It is sad that this is THE end. I will miss Harry Potter:
When I returned back to work, this sweet little cake was waiting for me. One of our local sales reps dropped it off. Very sweet. This was the only cake I had this year. But in my defense, I chose to have an icecream social at work instead this year, with my co-workers and I really enjoyed doing something different. It was so much fun for everyone on such a hot Summer day.
Later on that week, I had 2 more treats. First Steve and I went to see Jeff Dunham live, at a local club and he was amazing! Funny as ever. We had great seats. I tried to take some pics, but it was too dark.
A few days after that, I found out that I won the latest challenge over at Let's Scrap. The challenge was to use one of their sketches and to sew on a page. I chose one of my favorite sketches by Cheri (that I have been hoarding for a while) and sewwed around the big yo yo sun. A lot of work, I know, but a labor of love. It was worth all the work that I put into it and I was so surprised and excited that I won! Yay me!
Well, so far so good. A great b-day month, with a few more days to go. Maybe I will head to the beach this weekend. I love Summer!

Happy Scrappin'!!!

2 comments:

mommy2alex said...

Glad you're having a great birthday month!! I'm crossing my fingers that I can get your birthday present to you before the month's over.
LOVE that layout, the sun in awesome!!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Happy, happy birthday. I make mine a b-day month too. Heh heh!