Friday, May 6, 2011

It's been a while

It has definately been a while since I posted anything. Just know that I have been very busy. This obsessive scrapper may have gotten in a bit over her head. Taking two online sketch classes was a bit over whelming, but I just could not miss out on them. Two creative teachers and so many amazing sketches. These first 3 layouts are based on sketches by Valerie Salmon for Club Got Sketch.
Bryant has been around mycamera and my creative madness his whole life. He still, at the age of 11, loves to have his picture taken. Since my camera goes eveywhere that I do, on one of our daily walks I was able to get these fun random pics that soon became this layout:
How often do you get to use bright colors (even pink!) on a 'boy page'? It worked really well with this fun, almost cartoonish looking layout of B coloring Easter eggs this year. A yearly tradition at Grammy & Grampies house:

B really got spoiled by the Easter Bunny (again!) this year. I love these pics with all his loot, but I have to say that I am not really crazy about this particular layout. It's okay. Just okay. Just not one of my faves. It happens sometimes:

Last weekend was my yearly trek to CKC Manchester. Great retail therapy for the crafty soul...especially at the Studio Calico booth. Which is where I met the very talented Kelly Purkey. It was so cool to meet her and talk about the Sketchbook 3 class. I probably blabbed like a crazy woman, but she was very sweet:

Here are a couple more layouts that I have completed from KP's class. The first one, is about meeting KP
This next one I have to to say, is my favorite sketch/layout so far from KP's class. I love this pic of B and his unique sense of style:
I have got a few sketches left from both classes. I will get to them eventually. I may not even scrap this weekend. Yeah right! It is getting nice here and it is Mother's Day. I will definately being enjoying the nice weather and I always have my camera...right?

Happy Scrappin'!!!

3 comments:

jamie long said...

I love that pic of u & kp, love the page too!

tirzahdawn said...

I love the egg coloring page. It is not typical colors for a boy. But, your last one....WOW!!!!

mommy2alex said...

LOVE your necklace that you're wearing in your KP picture (the teal makes me think of LollyChops - do you read her blog? She's fab!).
The layouts are great, LOVE the colors in the first one and those crimped kraft butterflies are adorable and the papers are wonderful!
You rock taking two classes at once and doing a great job keeping up with them! :)