Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh Scrappy Day...

I did a bit of scrapping this past weekend. I was so happy to get a couple of layouts completed. This first one is for Wendy’s (Let’s Scrap) blog hop challenge, resolution #11. First of all, I love a color schemed challenge. Her challenge was to use silver, blue and white along with a Let's Scrap sketch, to create a card or layout. The majority of the people have gone for Winter themed layouts (the colors are perfect for that!), but not me, I did something a bit different. This is a layout documenting one of the times that I met Adam Vinatieri years ago. He is the former kicker for the New England Patriot's. He was one of my favorite players. He now plays for another team. These pics were taken the third or fourth time we met him. It was back in January of 2000 (a year before we won the first Super Bowl) and I was 7 months pregnant at the time. I was so happy (and look so young...sigh). he was very sweet, as always (and look how cute he is!)

The layout above was based on this sketch. Remember when I used it Here? Very versatile!

This was the other layout I did, documentinting Bryant's first day of school this year. I used the Elementary line by Studio Calico. I have had these papers for a while, just waiting to use them. It is a very simple layout ( and not one of my faves, I must say), but I really wanted to document that day. The first day of school is always a bit nerve racking and yet, exciting too.

The Layout above was based on the left side of the Julie Bonner sketch over at Let's Scrap.

A couple of weeks back SupahFans.com on facebook had a photo contest. It was to show them your Pats spirit. How do you enjoy the game, photo contest. We entered this photo...and we WON! Woo Hoo!

For winning we got a four pack of the New England SupahFan shirts. We love coach Kevin! I told him that I was sending two of the shirts to my sister and nephew (that are diehard Pats and Sox fans) that live in the heart of Steeler Country, and he threw in a Sunday Funday shirt for my sister ( to help ease the pain!) Steelers Schmeelers! Go Packers...

Who doesn't love happy mail? Due to incliment weather here, I did not get to send out my prize pack to the winner of my card challenge till a few days ago.

I really felt bad about that, so I threw in a bunch of embellies to go with the awesome Basic Grey paper pack! I can not wait to see what she creates with it all!

Just a reminder that the Blog Hop is still going on at Let's Scrap. You have until February 14th to enter. A beautiful prize from Scarlet Lime is up for grabs for my Card stock only challenge. I may even throw in a few extra goodies too, 'cause that's how I roll! Lol!

Stay warm!

Happy Scrappin'!!!

2 comments:

mommy2alex said...

WOWZERS that's an awesome prize pack - I know she'll love it!
I love that sketch that you used, it's one I'll use again too!
Those SC papers are fab! Very cute pictures of B!!

Shelly said...

This was a fun challenge for me!