Monday, April 12, 2010

Scrappy Fun 4 Me

This past weekend I got a little scrappin' in and I thought that I would share. As you all know, my baby, who I guess is really no longer a baby, turned ten last month. I took the pic below a couple of days after and just wanted to capture that moment in time. "Oh, they grow up so fast." How true it is! With this LO I normally would have concentrated on the green of his shirt, but instead I picked up on the red & gold and used only a touch of green. Very different for me. I did use a bunch of different Teresa Collins papers. I think there is a mixture of four different lines here. See how well they blend together:

The next 2 LO's are part of Janna's 52 Weeks of Stress Free Scrapbooking. The first one is for Challenge #14 which is:

Do something unexpected...like my yellow! It could be a color and accent...just something OUT OF YOUR BOX!

I also used yellow as my color of choice.It is a color that would not have normally been a part of this LO, but it did give it 'pop' and make it stand out more. I loved it. Definately not the norm for me.

This LO is two pics of Bryant I took a year apart from each other. Putting them side by side, I was amazed at how much he has grown. They were taken inside the big circles that are outside our local target store. The first was taken in September 2008 and the second was taken in September 2009. He went from little boy to almost pre-teen. It is crazy!

This next LO was for Challenge #13 which is:

Work it with your letter stickers...mix them up, create something fun and interesting!

So, of course I had to scrap the pic of Bryant meeting 'Fitzy' for the first time. Steve & I had met him last year and Bryant was not allowed to go (adults only) so he was kind of bummed out. He was so excited to meet him before we got there, but once we got there, he was little nervous seeing him IRL. I am so glad we were able to get this pic. It came out so good!

The lettering I used for the challenge were some old Basic Grey letter stickers (that I never seem to use) and some new Pink Paislee letters that I have been hoarding for a while. I normally would have concentrated on the navy & red for a matchy-matchy LO, but I went more for the neutral colors and accented with navy & red. Again very different for me.

I really am loving Janna's challenges. Check them out if you get a chance. I am getting a ton of LO's done and this makes me so HAPPY!


Happy Scrappin'!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your layouts, thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!

mommy2alex said...

Those layouts are just great! You are doing great with Janna's challenges! :)