Sunday, April 26, 2009

Back to the Grind...

Tomorrow I will be heading back to work. Back to the grind. After being on 'vacation' for a week. I say vacation, only in the sense of being away from my day job. Bryant was off from school this past week, so I thought that it would be good to spend some time together. I put this week at home to good use. I got a lot of my Spring cleaning done. I was 'bustin' my butt' and I have the sore muscles to prove it. I know this will pay off in the many weekends of nice weather ahead. I did get a lot home work done and didn't get to do as much scrappin' done as I had hoped. Don't get me wrong we had lots of fun time and I even got some reading in too! I did manage to scrap a couple of LO's this weekend.

This first one I did was inspired by a LO I saw on my friend Jonnelle's blog. I used the Marrakech line by Basic Grey. Love the colors of this line and how 'boy' it is (when so many paperlines are 'girly). It matched so perfectly with this pic of Bryant, with his cool new hat and sunglasses:

The LO was based on this sketch. Love this:

Also played around with a little more Basic Grey. This time it was with the Granola line. Love the earthy look of this line. I had this great pic of Bryant looking so serious and I just had to scrap it:

So all in all, I got a lot accomplished. I also started a new project this past week. That would be re-doing Bryant's room into a 'big boy' room. That is still a work in progress. I hope to post pics soon. Now I need to get some sleep. Here's to a great week! :-)

7 comments:

Pam said...

Great pages as always Dawn! I love Bryant's hat!

Melinda said...

My husband can relate to your "week 'o vacation". He is using the last 10 vacation days on Fridays in April, May and June and he has been tackling the "honey-do" list I have. Not really a vacation but it does get things accomplished!
Glad you made some time for fun as well. Love the boy pages! I find my son gets short changed and my girls have lots of pages. Have a great Monday!
ps got my goodies..thank you...now I need to get to scrappin'

Houston said...

Those are both great pages, way to rock the BG! Good luck with the room, hope to see some pics when it's finished!

mommy2alex said...

LOve that layout! How fun that you used that sketch!!!
That last layout with all the BG goodness is awesome!
Cannot wait to see what you do with the big boy's room!
Have a good week girlie:)

GretaB said...

Bryant is a cool "little" dude with some major style! And your layouts are fabulous as always! :)

Denise said...

Awesome layouts! I love how you used the little tiny bingo cards on the Dude layout. Very creative. It must feel awesome to have the brunt of your spring cleaning done. i am a bit green with envy I must admit. LOL!

aimee said...

he is 2 kewl!
love the layouts...blue is hard for me