Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Happenings...

I love Saturdays. Just being able to take my time. Have fun and get a few errands done. First things first. This little guy was so HAPPY to have Mcdonald's hotcakes and hashbrowns. Good stuff...yummo!

Then it was off to the post office to ship off the next circle journal to Judi. Here are my pages for Jenn's. Her theme was fave's. She wanted us to use a favorite picture and a few of our favorite scrappy techniques. I chose this pic of Bryant at the beach from last month. We love the beach. Fun and a bit intimidating, but always a fave thing of ours. The techniques I used are tearing the paper (for the waves), handcutting (the flowers), layering (of the waves and sand) and a bit of bling. Good times. Good times.

Here is a close up of the first page:

And here is a close up of the second page:

Then it was off to Michael's to get a copy of Scrapbook Trends Magazine/Cards. The most recent issue features Aleida's first pub. A card that she made for Liz for her Birthday. I remember talking to her when she found out that it was picked to be published and how nervous she was to ask Liz for the card back. They needed the original card sent to them to be photographed. Of course Liz was more than happy to help her out. The card is beautiful and here it is in print. I am so proud of her. This made me smile today:

Hope that you are all having a great weekend so far. I am off to see Richard Marx in concert tonight with a friend from work. Yes, I am an 80's girl. It is all good.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

I was wonderig why you had changed the music to Richard Marx. Have fun. Are your seats as good as when we saw him? :-)

mommy2alex said...

Great pages for the cj, very cool layering the beach scene!
I looked for the mag today with no luck, so will try another place on Monday, really want to have a copy of Aleida's pub for my own, but thanks for sharing the photo - it's a gorgeous card (not surprising!).

Denise said...

Awesome layout for Jen's circle journal. I love it!

I need to run to Michael's and pick up that magazine. Is it weird that my cousin just gave me the same ribbon that is on Aleida's card? Once I saw it I got goose bumps all over. Wow...it is a gorgeous card. :o)

waleska said...

very cool page! thanks for sharing the pic of the magazine... I don't have it yet.
have fun a the concert tonight!! :)

mborrero said...

wow...memories are forever..

Mye said...

Hope you had a good time at the concert. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. So happy for Aleida pub!

Kelly said...

I love your CJ pages Dawn.
And the card by Aleida is absolutely stunning!

liz mataraza said...

ooh....lovin' the red blog!

the card is even more beautiful than i remember. this made me cry. i haven't seen it yet; i hope to get to michael's tomorrow.

have a great week, you basb!

~Nancy~ said...

Love your page for the CJ!!!And wow.. Aleida's pub is gorgeous... memories are definitely FOREVER! Thanks for sharing sweetie! XOXOX