Monday, June 16, 2008

Studio Calico Fun!! Scrap on!!

I really am having FUN shopping my stash. I am rediscovering things that I forgot about and having a great time delving (sp?) into my kits. I have so many and really have been hoarding them them. So this weekend I pulled out a couple of my Studio Calico kits and had a grand old time! This first one is a very simple LO. I saw an article in the new CK by Ali Edwards about puting together photos that do not match and really making them work. I had these 2 pics from Easter last year. One from home and one from Grammys house. I really wanted to scrap them together, but could never make it work. After reading the article, I gave it another try. It worked! This is what I came up with:

I have had these 'teething pics for years now! I really had fun with this LO, though not a FUN subject! The colors just all blend together so well:

This one was just plain FUN! I LOVE Bryant's smile (and laugh!) :

Hope you are off to a great week! I have another project to work on for the Got Sketch 101 class. It is never ending...and I do not mind. Scrap on!!!

4 comments:

liz mataraza said...

yummy pages Dawn...i still have some of that march kit left and i'm so glad you posted this. makes me remember how much i love it! that was my first time with SC ;)

Denise said...

Hmmm...I am hoarding past kits and should do what you did - use them. Your layouts are awesome! I need to go read the article by Ali.

Kristii said...

Way cool!! I totally love your pages!!!

mommy2alex said...

Look at you gettin your scrap on girlie, with your stash too boot, woo hoo!!
I just finished that CK article and love how your layout turned out, great job!!