Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What a Week!

It started off last Monday, with Steve and I hopping on the train and heading into Boston for the day. Boston is really one of my favorite places. I really love city life. One of the first things we saw as we exited North Station was the new Bobby Orr statue.

A portrail of his famous flying goal.

The next place we headed for was Quincy Market to get some breakfast. Since the week was all about the Boston Celtics vs. the LA Lakers in the NBA playoffs, everywhere you turned there was support for our favorite team.

Then a little window shopping around Fanuel Hall. We loved this Statue of Red Aurbach wearing the 'Beat LA, Again' t-shirt.

I have to admit I was really psyched about the Celtics being in the playoffs. So much so, that I even dug out this old beauty. I got this jacket for my 19th birthday. Yes I still have it. It was too warm to wear now, but for nostalgas sake it was fun to pull out of the closet. I was a huge Celtics fan in the 80's.

One of the coolest things that happened, was that I got to meet up with my oldest childhood friend. Cindy and I have known each other since we were 6 years old (that is a really long time!) She happened to be in town chapperoning her sons school field trip for the day. We decided to meet up with her at the Boston Aquarium and when we did, it was like we had just seen each other last week. She looks exactly the same. It was so cool!

After a nice lunch, we headed over to Kenmore Square to stop by the Supah Fans Street Wear store. We can always use a few more cool t-shirts and it was nice to visit with the owner, coach Kevin.

Next we headed over to Fenway. The 'cathedral of baseball' as one of my friends calls it. It looked a bit deserted. No game on this day AND everyone was at work (except us...tee hee hee!)

One of the great landmarks out in back of Fenway Park is this great statue of Ted Williams.

They recently moved it down a bit, to make room for this new statue. The Teammates: Bobby Doerr, Dom DiMaggio, Johnny Peski and Ted Williams as they appearred in the pennant winning season of 1946:

We did all that in just one day! The rest of the week was spent with my sisters family. Bryant loves when his cousins are here visiting. It is like they never left. I had to snap up this cool pic of the boys 'representin' New England sports.

Oh, and how could I forget the silly band swap:

Look at the great goodies that I got:

Ya, we rock!

We had a great week. Swimming, playing baseball, shopping, cook outs and we saw Toy Story 3. Lots of fun indeed! I wish it would never end, but alas, we are back to reality. I miss them already. I wish they lived closer. Now I have to deal with a sad little boy, who misses them terribly. I know he will be okay, but it still breaks my heart.

It really was a fun week & Summer is only beginning....

3 comments:

mommy2alex said...

What a fun date!!
So I am LOVIN that white top with the purple print underneath that you have on - TOO stinkin cute, so summer fun!
We haven't begun the bracelet craze here, but I've looked at them a few times and thought how fun they'd be, but we SO don't need to start collecting anything else! But if Alex were to ask for them, I'll def buy some! hehe! ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW that was an info-full post! You look good in that jacket!! So nice to meet up with old friends too, good for you!
Wonderful pics!!

Lori Renn said...

This post makes me so homesick! I have many pictures of me and my mom when I was young (and thin!)with Red! Have a great summer!!