Monday, October 5, 2009

Playing along with the latest BASB Challenge

Last week, my Dad was quite fortunate to be given 4 (free!) tickets to a Boston Red Sox game. So Thursday night, Steve, my parents and I took a ride down to Boston to watch the Red Sox take on the Cleveland Indians. Though they are already in the play-offs, there were still a few regular season games left. The game we saw was perfect. We saw the fabulous Jon Lester as the starting pitcher. The weather was crisp and perfect. We saw Jonathan Papelbon (our fave!) as the closing pitcher and we won 3-0. It was just awesome! I do not get to go to too many live games, so this was a treat. Something about being in Fenway Park live, is quite magical. I guess that is the best way to describe how I personally felt. I wanted to capture that feeling. Denise's newest BASB challenge was a perfect oppurtunity. The challenge is a photo mix up, to combine color and black & white pictures on a LO. I had the perfect idea. I loved this photo of Jon Lester as he saluted the crowd as he walked off the field, after pitching his last game of the regular season. I was there! He was amazing! I also added in pics of inside and outside of Fenway, along with a picture of the scoreboard, showing Jon's stats at one point during the game. I knew of the perfect papers and embellishments (that I have been saving to scrap my many Fenway photos) that I would use. The awesome Sports Edition by Teresa Collins. Can I say how really cool this line is! LOVE it!!!

I am so happy with this LO. Love the challenge! Love the papers! Love especially that I was at the game! Love that I can combine 2 of my favorite hobbies, scrapping and New England sports! Did I also mention how much I love these Sports Edition papers?! Got lots more plans for them...

TFL!

Go Sox!!

Happy Scrappin'!!

Happy Monday!!

7 comments:

Denise said...

You do the most wonderful sport pages. I love this one. The mixture of the B&W and color photos is great. Makes the photo of Mr. Lester pop out from the page. You did a fab job with the challenge. Thanks for playing along!

Pam said...

Oh awesome awesome page! I love the black/white/red combo and lucky you for getting to see Papelbon! I've got some of Teresa's sports papers that I'm dying to use too and you've given me the perfect idea now! Thanks! Oh and hope to see you soon!

mommy2alex said...

What a great night and great layout!!!

Lori Renn said...

I just saw this on Teresa Collin's blog. It is amazing!! I am a huge Sox and Jon Lester fan and this has truly inspired me! Can I link you up on my blog to show my readers?

Anonymous said...

great layout!!! i dont know a thing about sports lol

laverneboese said...

Dawn, i love this page....the colors, everything!

Julie said...

Hello! I just stumbled on your blog after seeing your LO on Teresa Collins' blog -- I am from Mass and ADORE THE SOX TOO! (I'm watching them on TV right now, as a matter of fact!). You did a beautiful job on this!