Sunday, May 9, 2010

A long Journey has Finally Come to an End

Remember this? It really has been a long time. This is my circle journal. I participated in my first ever circle journal group with 9 other very talented scrappers, that came together through 'meeting' over at the Studio Calico message boards and it came to a reality through our very good friend Aleida Franklin. I really wanted to be a part of this and so did many others. It ended up becoming 3 groups. Aleida was key in getting all the groups set up and also the one who initially was keeping it going with gentle reminders that we were only to have one persons journal for a month and to then pass it on to the next person. The process was suppose to be only ten months and then you would have your own journal back, completed. Well, that is how it should have gone, but after losing Aleida this kind of fell apart and slowed down. Slowed way down. I guess with life moving on and no gentle reminders, things just got pushed to the side. My original journal went out in July 2008. Almost 2 years ago. You can check out my original post HERE. I was able to finally get my hands on mine this past week. Lucky for me, one of my friends in this circle just happens to live near by. I did not know this in the beginning, but we have now become great friends. My journal was only needing one more peresons entry and I will be sending her the pages real soon. I really want the circle to be complete.

So, shall we check out the pages? OK. The theme of my circle journal is music. We all love music. All I wanted was for everyone to show how music influences their life. These first 2 are My pages. I love music and sing whenever I can...not saying that I am any good, but it truly makes me feel good. It is all about being happy...right?!

These are Judi 's gorgeous pages. Music surrounds her life from her daughter's playing piano to their beautiful ballet recitals. Love this Judi! It makes me want to sing and dance!

These next pages are Aleida 's. She had posted them way back, so I was able to see what she had done, but I must say they are even more beautiful in person. I still miss her very much.

Here is another view. Her pages were a tribute to Salsa and she even included a CD of her favorite Salsa music. Absolutely gorgeous!

The next pages are from the amazing Anilu. I love her clean & simple scrapping style. Amazing and gorgeous!

Michele loves Christmas music and also included a CD of Christmas classics. I love this! Aren't her kids just the cutest?

I love Amy 's style. She is an amazing scrapper. She creates amazing pages. Check out the ones below. She even sewed on the pages. I need to start doing that more. Her kiddos are so cute!

These pages are from Denise . A little mood music. I LOVE this! From the little 'play' ticket, to all the little pics, to the fun CD she also included. Very COOL indeed!

These pages are from Jen . Very simple. Very classic. AND she sewed on the pages too! Love it and love the title 'Broken Record'.

These pages are from Anne . Very artsy and full of bling. So Anne and SO beautiful! I also love how she printed the names of the musical artists and bands that she enjoys, right on the kraft paper. Very cool!

The last pages are for Greta . I will be sending them out to her this week. I can not wait to see what she comes up with and then my circle journal will truly be complete.

This has been quite the project and a long journey, but I am so happy that I was able to be involved.
TFL!
Happy Scrappin'!

8 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

OMG What a treasure! I love that you used music as your theme and each page is so uniquely beautiful. I bet it was especially touching to receive those pages from Aleida. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

wow it turned out wonderful!! That is really a treasure.

Melonie said...

Fantastic journal.

Jill said...

Wow! This was a brave endeavor to begin with -- and I'm so glad that it literally came full circle. :) Beautiful keepsake.

mommy2alex said...

Oh, I LOVE this!!!!
It is so special to have pages from friends, but to have one from Alieda is AMAZINGLY wonderful!
I love everyone's pages! They so reflect their own personal style! :)
I would LOVE to do a CJ, so let me know next time you do one, count me in!!!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Yikes!! I'm a little (a LOT) teary eyed here...

It's gorgeous! Why did I not include a CD with it?? I'll mail it to you soon. Promise.

Again, I LOVED it.

Anne aka Anniescraps said...

Ahhh sweetie, it is beautiful and almost as sweet as you :-) I had the hardest time saying goodbye to it, knowing it would be the last piece of Aleida's work I would see. How beautiful and how wonderful it made it's way back to you. I too need to create you a CD now that I know you like some of the artists I like ;-) Enjoy dear friend.

Denise said...

Wow...I love the final product and cannot wait to have mine in my hands. I can't believe it has been almost two years. time sure flies. This is awesome. What a wonderful keepsake!